Asphalt Patching Explained
What is asphalt patching? In short, asphalt patching is a quick repair service for relatively minor damage like potholes and cracks on your asphalt pavement. Asphalt glue and hot asphalt are usually added to a damaged area of the asphalt surface to turn the area to serviceable levels.
The main advantage of patching over other services is that it can save property owners time and money. For areas that are showing initial signs of damage but are not yet in disarray, asphalt patching can be a fantastic quick repair and affordable solution.
Reasons residential and commercial properties use Asphalt Patching Services
- Asphalt Patching Service helps property owners avoid injury lawsuits caused by damaged asphalt paving.
- They help commercial and residential property owners preserve or increase the value of their property.
- Asphalt patching is quick and affordable compared to other paving options.
When is Asphalt Patching Necessary?
The key to asphalt repair is to be proactive. Small cracks and potholes today become huge repair jobs tomorrow. While it can be a pain to organize jobs like this, we strongly recommend acting as quickly as possible.
If the asphalt in your commercial parking lot or residential driveway:
- Has small cracks or deteriorating
- Is showing small potholes
- Is showing webbed “alligator cracks” on the surface
These are signs that it is time to contact a professional asphalt paving company. You might be surprised at how simple and affordable the process can be.
Asphalt Patching Steps
Below are the general steps for how a paving contractor would patch your asphalt for you:
- The edges of the damaged area are cut and squared. This is a process of removing the damaged parts of the asphalt.
- Roots, dirt, and other debris are cleaned out from the area.
- A coarse mix (usually gravel or sand) is used to create a new foundation layer for the asphalt. This is professionally compressed to prepare it for a new asphalt layer.
- Asphalt filler is applied and rolled to create a brand-new finish.
How to Find a Patching Contractor
Our asphalt paving directory is designed to make it as simple as possible to find a local asphalt service near you or in your local area. Our registered contractors and companies clearly display their licensing, location, and contact information. There you can contact the paving contractor of choice directly by phone or email.
Use our paving directory to search for local paving companies who are experienced in repairing and patching asphalt driveways, parking lots, or walkways.
Asphalt Patch Repair Contractors
Are you a paving contractor or company offering asphalt patching services? Register your business with us and gain access to property owners who use our directory to find and hire asphalt patching services like you.